Breakthrough your item to exceed it's maximum Enchantment level!
The Enchanting Update introduced a new system which allows items to go beyond their maximum enchantment level.
After you Breakthrough an item it is possible to continue enchanting it by using All-Powerful Enchantment Stone. When you reach level 20 your item will become wrappable and it will be granted a random Breakthrough Skills
1. Items with Breakthrough Possible property can exceed their maximum enchantment level. (Only some items have this property)
2. You can purchase a Inert Amplification Tool from General Goods merchants.
3. You will need an additional material to Breakthrough an item. It can either be a <Amplification Stone> or <a second copy> of the item you are trying to strengthen.
4. There is a 100% chance to Breakthrough an item. After the process is complete you will see the Breakthrough Icon next to the enchantment level.
5. After Breakthrough to enchant an item you must use Omega Enchantment Stone.
- If you fail the item will be reversed to it's pre-breakthrough state.
6. When an item reaches at least level +20 it will receive a Breakthrough Skill and it's maximum wrapping count will increase.
Breakthrough Possible Property
Only items that have reached the maximum enchantment level can be Breakthrough.
If the item's maximum enchantment level is 10 you can Breakthrough it at level +10, if the maximum level is 15 you can Breakthrough at +15.
Not all items can be Breakthrough, for an item to be able to use this system it needs a certain property.
You can check whether or not an item is Breakthrough Possible by looking at its tooltip.
You can purchase Inert Amplification Tool from General Goods merchants all over Atreia for a very low price.
Double-click on the Breakthrough Tool and select an item from your inventory to bring up the Breakthrough window.
|1||Inert Amplification Tool||Previously allowed equipment to be enchanted beyond its maximum enchantment level, but has lost its power.|
Additional Materials (Breakthrough Stone or Equipment Item)
There is an empty slot on the right side of the Breakthrough window where you must put an additional material.
Additional material is either a <Amplification Stone> or <a second copy> of the item you are about to Breakthrough. In other words, for items of which finding a second copy might be hard, like Evolution or Abyss items it is recommended to use a Breakthrough Stone, for relatively easy to find items it might be better to use a second copy.
|65||Amplification Stone||Used for equipment amplification. Equipment amplification can be performed by combining the targeted item with an identical item or with an Amplification Stone.|
- Bosses in some instances have low probability of dropping the Amplification Stone.
- Instances where you can find a Breakthrough Stone are:
Item after Breakthrough
To Breakthrough an item use the Breakthrough Toll, select an additional material and accept the change.
There is a 100% chance to Breakthrough an item.
When you see the Breakthrough Icon ( File:07f950af621512bc62d5c307.png|link=]] ) next to the current enchantment level you can start trying to enchant your item without any limitations.
Breakthrough - Infinite Enchanting
After you Breakthrough an item it is possible to try to increase it's enchantment level.
To do that you will need a Omega Enchantment Stone, after Breakthrough regular Enchantment Stones will not work.
After Breakthrough, Enchanting has following features.
|Category||Enchanting||Enchanting after Breakthrough|
|Enchantment Stone||Any Enchantment Stone||Only Omega Enchantment Stone|
|Success||Enchantment level increases by +1~+3||Enchantment level increases by +1|
|Enchanting Effect||Rises basic attributes||Rises basic attributesAdditional random skill at level 20After level 20 increases the maximum number of possible wrappings|
|Failure||Level +1~+10: Drops by 1
Level +10~+15: Drops to +10
|Reverses to the previous state(to the maximum enchantment level)|
|Effect||Maximum Enchantment Level
|Level 20 and higher
■ God's Enchanting Stone
God's Enchanting Stone drop from monsters in various areas and can be used to enchant Breakthrough items.
All-Powerful Enchantment Stone can also be used for regular +1~+15 enchanting.
|65||Omega Enchantment Stone||Enhances basic attributes of weapons or armor. Use during normal enchantment or after amplification.
Can be used to refine essence cores.Activate by double-clicking the stone and selecting an item to enchant.
- All-Powerful Enchantment Stone drops in following areas.
At level +20, your item will unlock a new features.
■ Breakthrough Skills
An item that reached +20 is granted a random Breakthrough Skill.
Weapons receive an Active Breakthrough Skill while armour parts a Passive one.
|Active||Skill given to a weapon once it reaches Breakthrough level 20|
- After equipping such item drag and drop your new skill to the quick bar
- This skill can not be used when weapon is not equipped
- After equipping the item you will have to wait 15sec before being able to use the skill
- Keep in mind that after using the skill and changing the weapon the cooldown will be increased by that 15sec
|Passive||Skill given to an armor part after reaching Breakthrough level 20 |
- Applies immediately after equipping the item- The effect will disappear once you take off that part
Related> Breakthrough Skills
■ Wrapping Count
With every level above +20 your item's maximum wrapping count increases by one.
Starting from +20 wrapping system has following features.
|Wrapping Count Increases||Items that could not be wrapped before with Breakthrough level 20 can be wrapped 1 time|
- There is no maximum allowed number of wrappings beyond Breakthrough level 20
|Wrapping Count Exhausted||The number of basic wrapping will be exhausted first|
- After reaching +20 items receive additional wrappings
|Enchanting Failure||Item can only be wrapped once it reaches certain Breakthrough level|
■ +20 Enchanting Effect
A new effect has been added for weapons and shields that have reached enchanting level +20 or higher.
1. Evolution of an item that has been strengthen with the Breakthrough System has following features.
|Breakthrough||If evolution lowers item's current enchantment level below it's natural maximum level Breakthrough is going to be removed|
|Breakthrough Skill||If evolution lowers item's level below +20 the Breakthrough Skill is going to be removed|
When you reach +20 once again after the evolution the Breakthrough Skill is going to be randomly re-assigned
|Wrappings||The number of wrappings maintain after the evolution|
- The number of wrappings is set before the evolution
2. You can use All-Powerful Enchantment Stone to exceed Fire Dragon's Item's maximum enchantment without breakthroughing them.
- However if you fail to enchant a Fire Dragon item it will be destroyed.
3. A regional message is going to be displayed when succeeding in enchanting an item to +20.
4. 'Breakthrough' tab has been added to the broker under [Consumables – Modify]
1. I Breakthrough an item but the stats didn't change.
- Breakthrough only allows your item to exceed it's maximum enchantment limit, Breakthrough itself doesn't change any stats.
- After Breakthrough use Omega Enchantment Stone to increase item's level, at level +20 special Enchantment effects will be unlocked.
2. After Breakthrough, will I get the same bonus stats for each level as before?
- After Breakthrough you will receive the same bonuses. More information here: Enhancing Items.
- Additionally, at level +20 you will receive a Breakthrough Skill, new Enchantment effect and your item will become wrappable.
3. What will happen if I Evolve a Breakthrough item?
- It's Enchantment level will decrease by 5.
- If it's level drops below it's maximum enchantment level the Breakthrough effect will be removed.
- For example, if you Evolve a +20 item it's level will drop to +15, the Breakthrough Skill and the Breakthrough effect will be removed.
4. Can I Breakthrough Governor items?
- Yes, you can Breakthrough Governor items, to increase the enchantment level you will have to use Omega Enchantment Stone from the start.
5. Will my item receive the Breakthrough Skill at +20 if it's maximum enchantment level is lower then 15?
- All items that reach level +20 will receive a Breakthrough Skill, Wrapping Possible property and new Enchantment effect.
- Even if item's maximum Enchantment level is lower then 15 all +20 features still apply.
6. To Breakthrough an Evolution item can I use the same Evolution item? (Enhanced Mad Grendal, Enhanced Unique Dynatum, Enhanced Angry(Enraged) Hyperion)
- Yes. You can use a second copy of the Evolution item.
- However, because it might be hard to come across a second copy of an Evolution item it is recommended to use the Amplification Stone instead.
7. What kind of skill does a Shield receive when it reaches level +20?
- When you enchant a Shield to at least +20 it will be granted one of the active Breakthrough Skills.
8. If I fail to enchant an item do I lose the Breakthrough Effect or does it stay?
- If you fail your item is reversed to it's pre-breakthrough state. It means you will have to Breakthrough it once again.